Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ayo

AyoI have been listening to her CD nonstop for about 3 days now and each time I listen to it I admire her more, I fall in love with a different song, I discover another witty lyric. Mostly I fall in love with her. This is Ayo, a German-born Nigerian songstress of Gypsy ancestry with a voice and accent unlike anything I have heard before. She's the first exception to the Portuguese hegemony of this blog, and a worthy one. Letter by Letter is a nice introduction to her reggae influenced, R&B style of music, while Life is Real has an afro-beat appeal to it. Both readily display her guitar skills.

Letter by Letter
Life is Real

Estive a ouvir o seu CD sem parar, hipnotizado, a sensivelmente 3 dias, e cada vez que o oiço admiro-a mais, apaixono-me mais por ela, e rendo-me a sua voz peculiar. Falo da Ayo, uma cantora de mãe cigana e pai Nigeriano, nascida em Alemanha. É a primeira excessão da hegemonia lusofona deste blogue, e que excessão. A sua musica é influenciada pelo reggae e o R&B, como mostra Letter by Letter. Life is Real tem um beat mais africano, mostrando os dotes Nigerianos da cantora. As duas canções demonstram o talento que a Ayo tem com a guitarra.

-Artist suggested by Songay Pinto
-Photo by pirlouiiiit

Ayo
Ayo's CD Joyful
New CD Gravity at Last

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...